WiCS Lounge Policies
- Pick up after yourself
- Do not leave personal items in the office (WiCS is not responsible for the loss or theft of valuables)
- Try not to disturb others (excessive noise, etc.)
- Keep your hands to yourself
- By sitting in the WiCS Lounge and attending WiCS sanctioned events, you thereby give the organization permission to take and use pictures of you on our social media platforms and our website. For more information, please consult our secretary at email@example.com
Key & Door Policy
Only members of the Executive Council and officer approved individuals may hold keys to the WiCS Lounge, and only for the term of election. Keys should be returned to the advising department in a prompt manner following the cessation of official WiCS Lounge duties.
The WiCS Office is usually open from 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM. In all other instances the doors should remain closed and locked.
Assault is defined as any offensive and intentional physical contact with another person without their consent.
- Violator is permanently banned from WiCS and a police report will be filed.
- A pardon may be granted by majority vote of the executive board
You are free to play games in the WiCS office at any time before 10:00 AM or after 5:00 PM with the follow conditions
- You must give up your seat and desk at any point during the day for anyone that wants to use the location for academic, work, or educational purposes if there are no other available spaces. You must abide to this rule even if doing so will cause you to lose your game
- You may not speak over microphone
- You may not talk to others in the room regarding the game, game strategies, etc. unless it is after 5:00 PM or before 10:00 AM.
- You must not violate the excessive noise policy
- People may not crowd around the person playing the game. This causes a fire hazard in which people can be trampled!
The WiCS is a shared resource and thus, we have many people coming in any time during the day. While you are free to use the tables and chairs of the WiCS Lougne, you may not ‘hog’ a seat. You must give up your seat to another person that wants to do any of the following:
- Educating oneself (reading articles, newspapers, etc) NOT comics, reddit, digg, etc
The WiCS Lounge has no assigned seats and therefore, you must pick up after yourself when you leave. If you are to leave momentarily, please leave a note so nobody takes your seat. Any personal possessions that are left behind with no note will be unplugged (if applicable) and moved into a reclamation bin. Please remember, WiCS holds no liability for your possessions. If a note was left but you are gone for a period longer than 1 hour, your possessions will be moved into the reclamation bin.
Violations to any Policy
- First time offenders: You will not be allowed to use the office or the office resources for a period of 24 hours
- Second time offenders: You will not be allowed to use the office or the office resources for a period of one week
- Repeat offenders: At the discretion of the officers, your office privileges will be suspended for any period of time including indefinitely.
- Fair warning and reason will be given prior to the ban